Thursday, 11 August 2011
Night Owl Design - Summer Cardmaking Challenge
Finally got the photos to upload for the Night Owl Designs' Cardmaking Challenge. I made this box few times with ordindary copy paper in order to see how the folds and the cutting worked. This was a good idea and saved me wasting paper. I had problems at first with the measurements because I couldn't accurately get the folds lined up, but perserverance paid off.
I choose black 300gms cardstock as this weight of paper made the box more stable and easier to work with. I initally thought of putting a belly-band of a contrasting colour around the box to hold the sides together, but settled on some red ribbon with an embellishment made from paper flowers from Rayher and a matching brad from the same company. The pink flower was rubbed over with some Royal Rose ink from Stampin'UP and the edges decorated with some 'Stickles' Star dust. I used a velcro fastner to make removing the ribbon easier.
I hope you like today's post and thanks for stopping by.
Red satin and organza ribbon
Red and Pink flowers together with a decorative Brad -Rayher
Star Dust -Stickles
Royal Rose Ink -Stampin'UP
Crafters Companion Clevercut